St Peter the Fisherman Church
Written in 1957, Eva Archbold's history of the village notes:
"The church was built in 1877, first service in 1878, in memory of Thomas Wood Craster who died in 1867."
The Newcastle Diocesan Gazetteer (1982) notes on page 94.
"In 1877 Thomas Wood Craster built a small stone mission in the village which bore his name in order that villagers need not make the 7 mile round trip to Embleton to attend Worship. Built of local stone the little church tones in well with its background in this rugged Northumberland fishing village and is greatly loved by many people who worship in it. In 1977 the Centenary was celebrated and the Bishop of Newcastle dedicated the church giving it the name of St Peter the Fisherman."
Guide to St Peter the Fisherman